TOP 10 WAYS TO SPEND A WINTERS DAY
1. Get the kiddos and Fido off the couch and outside for a little athletic craziness. Set up an obstacle course of tunnels, jumps and challenges then see who can outrun the dog.
2. Head for the hills, forest or park for a winter picnic. Pack a thermos of hot soup and something sweet to lure smaller walkers, and then enjoy lunch al fresco.
3. Nurture that creative spirit by heading out on a photo expedition. Encourage kids to take their own snaps and make a collage of all your favorite winter images.
4. Find some feathered friends on a bird watching outing, or stay close to home and have kids make their own bird feeders. Twine, peanut butter, seeds and sticks or cones are all you’ll need.
5. Make a bonfire and warm up with s’mores and hot chocolate.
6. Feel the need for speed? Find a hill and a little snow then exhaust the team with an afternoon of sledding.
7. Tired of a white yard? Make snow paint by simply adding food coloring to water then pour into a spray bottle, and put Picasso to work.
8. See where the loyalty lies in the family with a snowball fight. (Just watch for stones and keep above the shoulders an off limit target).
9. Try something new; consider renting gear for something you’ve never done. Snow shoeing is a great starting point, cross country skiing or even dog sledding.
10. Go back to that old faithful: build a snowman
Just remember the key to a fun winter’s day outdoors: a warm child is a happy child!